The Tiger Moth is a 1930s biplane designed by Geoffrey de Havilland and was operated by the Royal Air Force (RAF) and others as a primary trainer. It remained in service with the RAF until replaced by the de Havilland Chipmunk in 1952.
This example was one of nearly 3500 Tiger Moths that were built by Morris Motors Company. It was active with the RAF as T-7229 before being registered as G-ANCX.
It passed through a number of civil owners but became inactive some years ago.
Late 2011 the plane arrived in our facilities for restoration.
The fuselage after being recovered with ceconite.
Fuselage painted in glossy red colour.
Back on its wheels.
The wings were restored, recovered and painted shiny silver.